Thursday 1 March 2012

Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone - one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship - tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now, Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.


This book haunts me.
Ms. Revis, created a very twisted world within those thick walls of Godspeed.
A wolrd, I'm not sure I wanted to live in, despite all the fancy technoligies it harbors. 


This book is more dystopian in the aspect of its story.


My first thoughts when I saw the cover is, out of this world, because it just grabs my attention and made me wonder, what world lies inside it! The cover just roars sci-fi and love story! Never in my wildest dream that its a dystopian book, well not until I look it up. 


For the characters, Amy, strong but not in the physical way. She is very determine to uncover the truth. I'm not sure if I really liked her, which is strange since I either like the character or not, but for her its just undermined, for now. Elder, I really enjoyed his character and his point of views. First he was weak, and afraid, but he out growth all of that, and that is the reason I loved his character because he grew.  I love his accent and the word he often used "frexing".  Harley, best friend of Elder, also a favorite character of mine, since I love his creativity side, especially his paintings. I also simply love his tortured soul, because I cried for him. As for the villains of the story, all I can say is that, they are very twisted indeed. 


What I love about this book is while reading this book, it gives me the feeling of helplessness. It also made me feel that I am trapped. This book gives me a lot of feelings that no book has ever done before...... This book is frexing twisted!

The pacing is slow, but once a truth is out, I highly doubt you can put this book down.

The writing is flawless. Easy read. Sucks you in, immediately as her writing becomes your world.

5/5 stars! (Gives me feelings that no book has ever done before.)

2 comments:

Deborah Julene said...

Since it's been a month since My Fair Book Date, I guess I'll reveal myself as your matchmaker! Since your blog was still really new, I went with something I'd loved, and would recommend to almost anyone!
I'm so glad to see you enjoyed it! I hope you can get your hands on A Million Suns soon! It's even better than Across the Universe!

~Debz @ Debz Bookshelf

blanshire said...

Thank you so much for recommending it to me Debz!
I just didn't enjoyed it, I loved it <3
Can't wait to get, A Million Suns, then!

Post a Comment