Friday 17 February 2012

Meridian by Amber Kizer

Half-human, half-angel, Meridian Sozu has a dark responsibility.Sixteen-year-old Meridian has been surrounded by death ever since she can remember. As a child, insects, mice, and salamanders would burrow into her bedclothes and die. At her elementary school, she was blamed for a classmate’s tragic accident. And on her sixteenth birthday, a car crashes in front of her family home—and Meridian’s body explodes in pain. 

Before she can fully recover, Meridian is told that she’s a danger to her family and hustled off to her great-aunt’s house in Revelation, Colorado. It’s there that she learns that she is a Fenestra—the half-angel, half-human link between the living and the dead. But Meridian and her sworn protector and love, Tens, face great danger from the Aternocti, a band of dark forces who capture vulnerable souls on the brink of death and cause chaos.


My first thoughts about this book is, lovely cover! Very gothic like and at first glance, you won't noticed that its an angel story.  Does the cover connects to the story? Yes, the cover does indeed portray the story very well. Its obvious that the girl in the cover is the heroine herself, Meridian Sozu. The skulls and roses have great meanings, skulls, portrays death and the roses, means beautiful? Well in my interpretation it is. Since a Fenestra (half-human, half-angel) means becoming the window or way for the dead to pass through the heavens peacefully. 


For the characters, Meridian is a weak heroine when it comes to physical things but she is stuborn when it comes to saving lives, so I guess that's a plus. She is a person who is willing to learn if she found the right motivations. What I do hate about her though is that she ask questions a lot! I know she is confused, but with all the questions she has been asking, I for one became so confused myself! So now I feel like I don't get the whole Fenestra things. I love Tens! I really do think he is swoon worthy, enough said! Auntie, is a wise old woman, whose at her 106 of age. She is much more stronger than our heroine, not because of her experience but because she is really determined to help.


What I love about this book, is the romance between Meridian and Tens! Whenever the two of them would clash, there comeback to one another is hilarious! I love there chemistry! Its not an instant love so do not worry, there love is slow, but the signs are pointing there.


The pacing of this book, is slow at first, but after chapter four or five it started to move fast, that after our heroes rest, another danger is lurking at the corner. 


The writing is beautiful, but sometimes I find myself struggling to understand her words, that I find myself rereading the phrases over and over again just so I can understand it. 


"Together," I repeated, finding his lips with my own. Soft and firm, the kiss pulled and tugged all over my body. We fit together like we'd done this a million times before. I tasted tomorrow on his lips.




3.5/5 stars! (For the heroine and the confusion about being a Fenestra)



0 comments:

Post a Comment